On 3 Feb 2001, at 2:05, Peter Graf wrote:

> No, I don't think that graphic driver problems are rare.

But graphics drivers with QPC are - and that's what was being
discussed. QPC presumes (and rightly so) that you have a running
and functioning Windows machine.

> IIRC QPC has not. For example try an old program that directly accesses the
> QL screen. Anyway I was talking Q40 and QL versus other 68K hardware here,
> not about QPC.

IIRC (I havent' tried this for a long time), if you configured QPC for a
QL compatible screen (eg 512*256) that used to work!

> Yes, but there was also another effect. My impression is that QPC supported
> the transition of QL users to Windows. Once they were on Windows, most made
> Windows their major platform. Just like you.

I don't know about other, all I can say is that I don't. I use the PC
for things I can't do on the QL. For anything I can use the QL, I do.

> I think it is native hardware that keeps a system alive. A system that
> mostly depends on emulation is dead.

No.

> QPC is already a good emulator. You could leave it as is and write QL stuff
> in the time you save :-))) With your excellent SMSQ/E knowledge, that would
> IMHO give the whole QL community enormous progress.

On the other hand, he didQPC2 beacause users bugged him about
it, so he probably couldn't have left it!

Wolfgang