Peter Graf wrote:
> I wasn't talking about what QPC *could* do if it was *changed*.

No, QPC can stay the same for this task.

> Why can't you accept the fact, that QPC is just a software emulator,
> emulating one single OS?

Sure, it is. It's designed for that. But the only direct link between
QPC and SMSQ/E is the way the configuration works, because it is read
out of the SMSQ/E file. But then one can incorporate the same config
block in an other OS and it'd be fine again.

> I think because the Q40 format has 64 greyscales, which allows
> photorealistic greyscale pictures. The PC format has only 32 greyscales or
> you get color errors.

Well, but the incompatibilities are not worth it.

> If I had the time and money for a new design I would probably add the PC
> mode as well.

Perhaps I'll add a Q40 mode. Let's see.

>>But I have seriously considered some developments which would be very
>>useful for the Q40 as well. However, it's too early to talk about that.
> Hehe. You have the SMSQ/E sources. You could switch off SLAVEing ;-)

Would really like to do that. But unfortunately for that my knowledge
of the internal functions is far too limited. And debugging SMSQ/E is
really no fun with the given tools.

>>My knowledge actually isn't /that/ good. I've just the advantage to be
>>able to just look things up I don't know.
> Aren't you the number two in the world's SMSQ/E knowledge? :-)

Perhaps, but that shouldn't really be difficult, I'm afraid...

Marcel