Wolfgang wrote:

>> The size of problems depends not only on development itself.
>>
>> After I developed a program, I need a stack of disks or some Webspace.
>> But what after I developed a mainboard?
>>
>> See the difference? Dealing with the production+service issue might have
>> cost me more of my money and time than the whole development.
>>
>Now we're talikng about cost, not complexity.

No. Dealing with production and all the related issues is complex and
consumes your time and your thoughts, not only money.

>I understood 'problem' as being the degree of difiiculty in
>implementing yout ideas.

What I tried to show you was, that a hardware design is not really
implemented after it's implemented. You have to bring it into production or
the design is useless. *That* is the difference in complexity between
hardware and software.

Peter