>Yes, it is a great product ... so many people can benefit.  I use the
>QPC2 style of QL'ing now more than I do 'black box' or derivatives
way.
>Although I often have both running at the same time.  I'm lucky
enough
>to have a small room stuffed full of gear !
>
>>As for Q40/Q60 - I'd love one, but I can't justify one, so I don't
get one.
>>I'm sorry Peter but it is highly unlikely I'll ever have one of
these. Gone
>>are the days when I would eagerly leap onto whatever new 'thing' was
>>released for the QL world. :o(  (Marriage - wives have no sense of a
man's
>>needs to play !)

;-)

Same here really. While I'd love to buy a Q40 or Q60, space
considerations, wife's considerations etc etc mean one computer space
is all I'm allowed now. (In fact the small size of the MinisQL and a
monitor switchbox meant I could have two in the space of one! although
I mainly use the QPC2 system). That's the situation many QLers will be
in - if you need the best compromise of two worlds such as for work
(PC hardware) and pleasure/home (QL!), go for another hardware
platform and a QL emulator (Linux+uQLx or PC+QPC or QemuLator for
example). If at home you have no need for a PC or any other computer,
go for native QL hardware, whether it be Q40 or SGC successor or
whatever. If your requirements are SMSQ/QDOS/Linux go for Q40/Q60 with
SMSQE or QDOS Classic and the Linux Q40 disk. Best of all, tell Peter
Graf and QBranch you are interested in obtaining one to encourage
availability and development. Anyone who wants a Goldfire, tell Nasta
to encourage him to finish its design ASAP.

I doubt you can argue the case for EITHER software OR hardware
solutions - we need both to keep QDOS-type systems going.

My QL-Emulators CD is nearly ready now, at long last. Once it does get
into circulation, please copy it for all you're worth to as many
ex-QLers in particular as possible. Hopefully, the carrot of several
emulators and nearly 1,000 freeware/shareware programs on the CD will
prove a good temptation to ex-QLers and wavering QLers. I hope so
anyway.

--
Dilwyn Jones
[EMAIL PROTECTED]