Hi all;

i have 2 questions if i may.
first of all, smtp-auth replaces roaming users right, well, if i understand correctly, roaming users is users who can use a MUA outside of the domain, or outside a subnet of IP's of the local domain, or basically anywhere on the net, is this correct? and smtp-auth replaces roaming users, but, it authenticates first, right? is smtp-auth built in, or do i have to configure anything, i'm using the latest version of qmailtoaster. i pretty much read every thread on this site, and i came by a link on how to set up outlook, the link is http://www.itc.virginia.edu/desktop/email/smtpauth/outlookxp.html. but, at the end of that page, it mentions i should replace the standard smtp port to 587, does this apply to qmailtoaster as well, or was that for that particular site? and should i use a different port other than the typical smtp port. sorry for all the questions.
the last question is regarding spf. i have set up my spf correctly, and i'm using the standard setting of 3, but, someone contacted me today that i know, and they told me that they sent me an email, and got a bounce telling them that it was an issue of spf. i looked in my smtp log file, and there was no mention of it. so, to make a long story short, i set my setting to 2 instead, then did a qmailctl stop, then qmailctl start, is this correct, or do i have to do restart another service or build a database?
again, sorry for all the questions at once.
Chris
begin:vcard
fn:Chris Marcellin
n:Marcellin;Chris