On 10/7/11 3:53 PM, "ext Daniel Mendizabal" <dan...@darhon.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 7 Oct 2011 05:49:36 PM you wrote:
>> > But what happen now when new mobile phones come with Qt5 without
>>QWidget
>> > support?
>>
>> I wonder how the message could have been given so wrong.
>>
>> I'm not speaking for the Qt team. But while Qt team thinks QML is the
>> technology to use in the future for interface and will spend all its
>> development power in it, they aknoweldge that is is currently not yet
>>ready
>> for all uses.
>>
>> That mean that QWidget is NOT going away. It is not removed. It will
>>stay.
>> It is just that it will stay in maintainence mode, and not get many new
>> features.
>
>I might have misunderstood the message, but if you read the Qt5 - Road
>map <http://developer.qt.nokia.com/wiki/Qt_5.0>  it clearly states that
>QWidgets module will be a "Qt Add On" only for desktop platforms.
>In any case, I hope you are right and it was just an error of
>interpretation.

It's not going away. Whether an embedded device wants to ship it by
default is another question, and up to the team doing the device.

And yes, QWidgets do not make too much sense on small screen devices. On
tablets they can probably work fine. But look at the iPad and tell me a
QWidget based app would not look outdated in there.

Cheers,
Lars