These lists are invaluable resources. A fair bit of information on Low
End Mac has come through these lists. A lot of info in the pickle's
low-end Mac FAQ came through these lists.

Many of the questions asked here could be answered on the Web with a
quick online search of Low End Mac and the pickle's FAQ (both linked in
every message and digest). When that fails, try Google. When that fails,
try the list archive (link in footer of single messages, below index in
digest mode).

Do a little research. If you still can't find an answer or don't
understand what you're reading, then it's time to ask for help.

And we're always glad to give it.

Do that and we'll never have to see a "Read the FAQ" message on the list.

That's why people like the pickle and me try to scrounge up the most
helpful information and post it on the Web. Why keep repeating ourselves
when we can write it once and for all?

There's a reason the list FAQ has links to the pickle's FAQ, EveryMac,
Apple's TIL, and other resources. There's a reason every mailing you get
from the list includes links to LEM and the pickle's FAQ.

Use the lists to ask questions not already answered on the Web, or where
you can't find the answer (Apple TIL is a good example!), or where you
don't understand the answer. Then we'll see about adding the new
knowledge to the old on Low End Mac, the pickle's FAQ, and who knows
where else on the Internet, growing the body of helpful Mac information
out there.

Dan the listmom

--
Dan Knight, president, Cobweb Publishing, Inc.
 <http://cobwebpublishing.com> <http://lowendmac.com>

Unix for stability. Macs for productivity. Windows for solitaire.
In other words, Mac OS X for pretty much everything.