Well, not having seen your name on here (under *this* alias) before, I can
only assume you're expecting a negative response.

All I'm going to say is:
1. Yeah, I agree about the lists. I also agree about checking the FAQ,
though if you just see the list, join, and ask a question, you may not know
about it.

So, instead of *just* saying "Read the FAQ" (I'll bet there are still a
good number of people who join that not only don't know about the FAQ, but
couldn't tell you what a FAQ was) how about modifying the reply:

"That's actually in the FAQ, which is at http://macfaq.org. Go to the xxxx
section, there are some links / info / pictures / free toasters with
signup. If you need help with some of what it says, feel free to ask."

As far as the TILs, it depends who has what links - some still point to the
old location, some to the new, some who knows where.

2. Pickle and nannies. Sorry, but he *has* (and others have) been reined in
on occasion - and it's been mentioned on the lists or email. So if Pickle -
or anyone else, for that matter - is getting abusive, *EMAIL THE NANNY* and
quote where / when / why. It's one thing to say "Pickle's being mean!" and
another entirely to say "Would you do something here, this guy asked what
the "0/1 button" on the back did and so and so replied like this (copy
flame.)"

Having worked in support and being told *flat out* by someone asking the
*same* question I'd answered fifty times that week "I don't need to look at
the manual / help files, I have you!" there are times I can definately
understand Pickle or anyone else getting "sour." Of course, those are also
the times I took a break, took a vacation, or went to a different newsgroup
(these days, at least. No money in it.)

It's also a matter of perception. Just saying "You didn't read the FAQ, did
you - look there" might seem bland to one person, but insulting or
condescending to another (as opposed to "It's in the FAQ, you *#$&*(#!!!"
which would definatley be a flame... without the symbols.)

Just my... eh, looks like more than two cents.
Now, can we get back to Quadras?