On Friday, 14 October 2016 00:47:44 UTC+11, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:

> On 09/30/2016 02:20 AM, drew....@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
> >
> > Next question...
> >
> > Will Qubes work without SystemD?
> > Will it run if it's built on a system that has no SystemD?
>
> systemd (not SystemD) is integral to the operation of Qubes OS,
> especially on dom0 and ServiceVMs.  The way that boot-up events are
> ordered relies on the dependency and ordering engine of systemd, as well
> as other features of it.  You are not going to have a good time removing
> the hard dependency on systemd.

Well won't it be FUN when THAT changes?
Systemd is on it's way out.. It's one of the most hated things... and I'm
going to build Qubes without it.

That way, it's not like I'm using Windows any more, but actually using
Linux again.

Systemd doesn't really do that much differently, other than being a central
point that is only a point of vulnerability and failure for the system.

I just want to remove this MAJOR security hole. And I will, because it can
be easily done. Then I just have to build qubes on it and alter things to
not use systemd. Piece of cake.