On 10/14/2016 06:42 AM, drew.qu...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Friday, 14 October 2016 00:47:44 UTC+11, Manuel Amador (Rudd-O) wrote:
>
>     On 09/30/2016 02:20 AM, drew....@gmail.com <javascript:> wrote:
>     >
>     > Next question...
>     >
>     > Will Qubes work without SystemD?
>     > Will it run if it's built on a system that has no SystemD?
>
>     systemd (not SystemD) is integral to the operation of Qubes OS,
>     especially on dom0 and ServiceVMs.  The way that boot-up events are
>     ordered relies on the dependency and ordering engine of systemd,
>     as well
>     as other features of it.  You are not going to have a good time
>     removing
>     the hard dependency on systemd.
>

> Well won't it be FUN when THAT changes?
> Systemd is on it's way out.. It's one of the most hated things...

You mean "it's one of the things *I* hate the most".

> and I'm going to build Qubes without it.

Best of luck.

> That way, it's not like I'm using Windows any more, but actually using
> Linux again.

Ah, yes, the good old "we finally got an Apple launchd style init system
on Linux, it's like we're all using Microsoft Windows now!" non-argument.

> Systemd doesn't really do that much differently, other than being a
> central point that is only a point of vulnerability and failure for
> the system.

Which vulnerabilities and failures?  Unpatched CVEs please.  Thanks.

> I just want to remove this MAJOR security hole.

Which hole?  Time after time systemd haters have failed to prove this
contention of theirs.  Allegations and allegations, nothing concrete.

> And I will, because it can be easily done.

I will be happy to see you succeed.   I think you will fail miserably,
but if you succeed, more power to you.

> Then I just have to build qubes on it and alter things to not use
> systemd. Piece of cake.

Looking forward to seeing your GONEME clone of Qubes OS.

--
    Rudd-O
    http://rudd-o.com/