On 03/19/2017 07:49 PM, tnt_bom_...@keemail.me wrote:
> its difficult to remove the packages inside debian-qubes , because
> most of the time u will end up on crashing/destroying it.

I just played a little and removed a lot of packages from the current
debian-8 template:

amd64-microcode aspell aspell-en bsd-mailx colord colord-data
cryptsetup cryptsetup-bin cups cups-browsed cups-client cups-common
cups-core-drivers cups-daemon cups-filters cups-filters-core-drivers
cups-pk-helper cups-ppdc cups-server-common dmidecode dnsmasq-base
dns-root-data docutils-doc doc-debian dosfstools eject emacs emacs24
emacs24-bin-common emacs24-common enchant evince evince-common
exfat-fuse exfat-utils exim4 exim4-base exim4-config
exim4-daemon-light firefox-esr firmware-linux firmware-linux-free
firmware-linux-nonfree ftp gdisk gedit gedit-common gnome-sushi
gnome-user-guide gstreamer1.0-libav:amd64
gstreamer1.0-plugins-base:amd64 gstreamer1.0-plugins-good:amd64
gstreamer1.0-x:amd64 hwdata i965-va-driver:amd64 icedove
iceowl-extension iceweasel info intel-microcode iucode-tool keepassx
man-db mutt nano nautilus nfs-common printer-driver-gutenprint
procmail qubes-img-converter qubes-pdf-converter qubes-thunderbird
reportbug rpcbind rsyslog sane-utils system-config-printer
system-config-printer-udev tasksel tasksel-data upower usbmuxd
usbutils usb-modeswitch usb-modeswitch-data va-driver-all:amd64
vdpau-va-driver:amd64 w3m wamerican yelp yelp-xsl

After removed (sudo dpkg --purge ) those let's run:
sudo apt-get autoremove

The result still contains more than the must have packages, but I not
purged the ones I actually need:
NetVM and FirewallVM related packages, vim, gnome-terminal and
standard networking tools

Of course it will not save disk space unless you free it using:
qvm-trim-template (from dom0)

Now my debian template is much closer to fedora-minimal - while still
booting and working :)

- --
Zrubi