On 04/08/17 18:18, Micah Lee wrote:
On 08/04/2017 07:19 AM, Zrubi wrote:
But still feels like a bare naked login screen. IMHO this should
be just as important as the Qubes boot (splash) screen.
Which also have similar aesthetic. Do you think about just some
better background there, or some bigger change?
A would say it's needs a bigger change.
But of course this is really subjective, and currently do not have
time to design a qubes related skin for the login manager :(

So this is just my (and my surroundings) opinion.
Handle with sustenance ;)
On a related note, I would love to see some better Qubes graphics
design. Especially, in my opinion, better built-in choices for the
desktop wallpaper.

Good default wallpaper makes a big difference in first impression of an
OS. (And until #215 is implemented, users who aren't comfortable with
Linux will have a hard time figuring out how to set a custom dom0
wallpaper themselves, and will probably expose dom0 to an untrusted
image in any case.)

Maybe there are some graphics designers or professional photographers in
the Qubes community. I wonder if a call for wallpaper submissions or
something similar could help?
Wallpapers (and first impressions...) are really important, even more so with less GUI snacks. There are many great, suitable and royalty-free wallpaper images at www.Pixabay.com . Just need to select some that have some practical areas where the Qubes logo can be added.

I think that Qubes should come with a decent collection with various categories to choose from (5-15 options in each category? nature, animals, urban, countryside, skyline, linux, tech, future, ... etc.)

Here are 10 potential wallpapers from Pixabay (royalty-free):
https://pixabay.com/en/coast-concrete-lighthouse-ocean-1838593/
https://pixabay.com/en/lighthouse-night-beacon-historic-1969705/
https://pixabay.com/en/human-group-clock-time-silhouette-439149/
https://pixabay.com/en/path-road-unknown-sand-dessert-1461447/