l tried the former commands again, with “ls -lh” and “pwd”, but the terminal
remained unresponsive, even if it was formerly responsive.

So I tried changing the command around a little. The Qubes site mentions to
enter this command: “qvm-run --pass-io <src-vm> 'cat
/path/to/file_in_src_domain' > /path/to/file_name_in_dom0”, and I realized that
I didn’t put in a desired path for the file in dom0. I tried using a directory
in dom0 that I found, which was /home/user/Downloads. When I entered this
command, dom0’s response was “Usage: qvm-run [options] [<vm-name>] [<cmd>]” and
“qvm-run: error: Too many arguments”. I’m not too sure what this means, but I
believe I somehow typed in the command wrong. I typed in “qvm-run —pass-io
sys-net ‘cat /home/user/Downloads’ /home/user/Downloads”. (The first
“/home/user/Downloads is the directory in sys-net and the second is the
directory in dom0.)