On 10/01/2017 06:59 PM, Person wrote:
The file was in Home/User/Downloads, and I did make sure to include the
command. Also, the Ubuntu file did end in “.iso”.

I did run qvm-start in dom0. I believe I typed “qvm-start <Ubuntu>
--cdrom=sys-net:/home/user/Downloads/<ubuntu-17.04-server-amd64.iso>”, or I did the
same thing but replaced “Ubuntu” with “hvm”. (“Ubuntu” is the name of the standalone VM I
made and wanted to attach the .iso to.)

As for the qvm-run error, I have no idea if I entered the location correctly or not. I typed
“qvm-run --pass-io <sys-net> 'cat
/home/user/Downloads/<ubuntu-17.04-server-amd64.iso>' >
ubuntu-17.04-server-amd64.iso”.

I did copy the template to dom0, but I could not find it in dom0 (when I open
the dom0 Boot Screen where stand-alone VMs look for things to boot from, I
cannot find the template file there) and so was unable to install it in dom0. I
did install Xenial in sys-net, but I couldn’t find the template when I looked
at my list of VMs, even when I use the methods you listed.

I believe my main problem is copying the files to dom0 in general, because that
is the only way I can make these files into VMs.

You didn't actually type the angle brackets <> around the vm and file names, did you? If so, that would probably be your problem.

Ron