@ Chris Laprise
On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 1:45:07 PM UTC, Chris Laprise wrote:
> On 11/11/2017 07:54 AM, Yuraeitha wrote:
> > On Saturday, November 11, 2017 at 12:23:28 PM UTC, JPL wrote:
> >> For some reason the debian template didn't install when I installed Qubes,
> >> even though I selected it. No matter I thought, I'll do it manually.
> >>
> >> However following the instructions here:
> >>
> >> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/debian/
> >>
> >> namely:
> >>
> >> [user@dom0 ~]$ sudo qubes-dom0-update qubes-template-debian-8
> >>
> >> I get "Nothing to do. Complete"
> >>
> >> qvm-ls reveals that debian-8 is absent.
> >>
> >> Is this instruction out of date or do I need to enable something first?
> >> Any tips appreciated.
> > The template re-install is currently broken, and requires fixing in a
> > future patch. I've had/seen mixed results with the plain template install
> > too (rather than re-install), so I suspect it's at least partly broken too?
> > Either way it's not you, this is something that likely needs patch fixing.
> > Possibly you can re-install Qubes and hope debian installs (sometimes
> > work?, see below), or you could try move debian from one of your 3.2.
> > backup archives, and then update it in Qubes 4 (hope for the best that the
> > 3.2. template Qubes tools won't get in the way).
>
> Occasionally the template install goes wrong.
>
> The first thing to try is 'sudo dnf remove qubes-template-debian-8' to
> get the package out of there.
>
> Another option is trying the current Debian release, version 9. There is
> one issue (2913) where it takes 90sec to boot, but this should be
> corrected soon and its easy to fix: After 90sec run a terminal and enter
> 'sudo rm
> /etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/wpa_supplicant@.service'.
> (Make sure you include the at-sign.)
>

> --
>
> Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
> https://github.com/tasket
> https://twitter.com/ttaskett
> PGP: BEE2 20C5 356E 764A 73EB  4AB3 1DC4 D106 F07F 1886

I had little luck with that approach on my system, perhaps others can make it
work? But it might be because I did qvm-remove the template in dom0, before I
did the dnf remove in dom0. Perhaps I messed it up this way, it certainly won't
allow me to dnf remove the debian packages now.

Also is doing the 'sudo rm
/etc/systemd/system/multi-user.target.wants/wpa_supplicant@.service'
instrumental to the success?