Exciting news: I didn't know that polkit was a package, so even if I followed (
https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vm-sudo/ ) in detail, nothing worked.

Giving sudo dnf install polkit in the minimal template vm solves the
authorization problems, both for sys-usb and sys-net.

Now I am able to use the minimal template as the underlying one for sys-usb,
but I still have problems with sys-net.

sys-net keeps telling me that NetworkManager is not running. If I open up a
terminal and give sudo NetworkManager then i can see the networks clicking on
the wifi tray icon, but I can't connect. If I click on a network nothing
happens (no error displayed, of any kind. Just nothing).

Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Fab