On Fri, Jan 05, 2018 at 08:56:01AM -0800, Fabrizio Romano Genovese wrote:
> Yo everyone,
>
> For future reference, problem solved. The packages
>       qubes-core-agent-nautilus
>       qubes-core-agent-networking
>       qubes-core-agent-network-manager
>       qubes-core-agent-passwordless-root
>       qubes-core-agent-dom0-updates
>       qubes-input-proxy-sender
>       qubes-usb-proxy
> Are not included by default in the minimal template vm. The first one gives
> you the cute (send here/move there/open in dispVM) stuff in Nautilus.
> The next two are (I suppose) to make networking not a pain in the bum.
> The fourth one should do what is done in
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/vm-sudo/ for you.
> The fifth one is needed if you are setting up a template you'll use as the
> underlying one for the vm that takes care of updating dom0.
> The last two are to set up a template for sys-usb.
>
> All this information was somewhere between here and the github issues page,
> but it should really (REALLY) be listed in
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora-minimal/ since nearly always
> one will end up needing at least one of the packages listed above.
> At the moment setting up a template based on a minimal fedora distribution
> looks like a treasure hunt, and I am pretty sure it would save people a lot
> of energy and time to have this stuff added to the fedora-minimal reference
> page.
>
> Cheers,
> Fab

Fab,

A good part of this information IS on the fedora-minimal page - use the
horizontal
scroll on the Customization table to see it.
I except passwordless-root as that's a recent change.
Perhaps that page need some editing to make the information more
readily obvious, although some of it is also on the Packages
Recommendations page.

unman