On 2018-01-12 07:58, awokd wrote:
> On Fri, January 12, 2018 1:04 pm, Tom Zander wrote:
>> On Friday, 12 January 2018 11:18:19 GMT 'awokd' via qubes-users
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be of value if I went through the published Docs and
>>> added these version headers? Should newer versions be added at
>>> the top (so 4.0 before 3.2 content)? 4.0 might just be "TBD".
>>>

>> I think that would be wonderful,
>>

>> my main issue is with the not knowing if the current docs are
>> actually applicable still. If someone could do as much as flag
>> known out of date content as 3.2 only, this would be a huge
>> help.
>>
>> The problem of knowing / identifying what isn't actually
>> applicable anymore is the main one that I think is causing pain
>> right now.
>
> I have a relatively good amount of experience so should be able to
> call out which is which on sight. If not, I can I point that out
> too in the 4.0 TBD section.

That would be very helpful! Thank you!

> To your point, some of these docs are pretty version specific.
> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/qubes-r3-building/ as a possibly bad
> example. It's similar to the 4.0 build procedure but at least the
> name should be generalized then. I think I agree with you those
> should be separated. I'll plan on skipping them for now.
>
> I'm a bit concerned it's going to result in ugly looking documents
> too, but at least by splitting out the contents now it will be
> easier in the future to move into separate documents if we go that
> route.

Doing this will provide evidence that helps us decide which system to
us. For example, if it turns out that nearly every document has to be
split into two sections, that might be a strong indication that there
should just be two sets of documents. But if it's only 30%, or if it's
usually just certain sections *within* documents, for example, then it
might make more sense to stick with the current system.

- --
Andrew David Wong (Axon)
Community Manager, Qubes OS
https://www.qubes-os.org