On Friday, February 23, 2018 at 3:00:51 AM UTC+1, Kyle Breneman wrote:
> >Does this help?
>
> >https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/#after-installing
>

> Yes, somewhat, but I found #7 on this page more helpful.  I've almost gotten
> everything configured the way I want, but one thing still puzzles me.  I used
> "sudo dnf remove qubes-template-fedora-23" from the terminal (mistakenly did
> this before deleting/switching all app VMs that depended on it), but
> apparently that didn't completely remove fedora-23 template VM because even
> after several restarts the fedora-23 template VM is still showing up in the
> Qubes VM Manager.  How can I get rid of it for good?
>

> Regards,
>
> Kyle
>

> On Wed, Feb 21, 2018 at 1:25 AM, Andrew David Wong <a...@qubes-os.org> wrote:

> On 2018-02-20 22:48, Kyle Breneman wrote:
>
> > I'm running Qubes 3.2.  I have the default Fedora 23 template VM, and the
>
> > default app VMs built from it, but I also installed a Fedora 26 template
>
> > VM.  Now I want to delete or upgrade my Fedora 23 app VMs, but I cannot
>
> > figure out how to do this.  The "Delete VM" menu option in the Qubes VM
>
> > Manager always seems to be grayed-out.  How can I either delete these app
>
> > VMs based on Fedora 23, or switch them over to my Fedora 26 template?
>

> > Regards,
>
> > Kyle
>

> Does this help?
>

> https://www.qubes-os.org/doc/templates/fedora/#after-installing
>

> - --
>
> Andrew David Wong (Axon)
>
> Community Manager, Qubes OS
>
> https://www.qubes-os.org

It's an issue someone else encountered in the past, somewhere on these mail
threads, at least a good couple months back if memory serves. I thought it had
since then been made impossible by now to remove the template prematurely? But
it seems not. In this case, you can now only remove it manually once the damage
has been done. At least to my knowledge about it. The link Andrew linked should
do the trick.

Currently there is not enough redundancy to prevent mistakes such as premature
removal, or mixing up qvm-remove and "dnf remove", which both can cause
mayharm.

Is this something that's been put on github tracking issues/features? anyone
knows?