On 04/06/2018 12:38 PM, vel...@tutamail.com wrote:
I pulled the logs, looked thru them, I didn't see any personal information.
Seemed OK to past on the forum but sent them to you directly just in
case...feel free to post any info for the greater good of the community. Thank
you again for the help...

I pulled the 3 files .crt, .pem and the renamed openvpn-client.ovpn file and
put them into the VPN folder.

Just FYI, putting all the configs (instead of selecting them) in /vpn is easier.

Totally willing to try to "avoid
the initial failure and restart, add a 2sec delay "sleep 2s" in rc.local
just before the first systemctl command; it will start quicker." Would you be
open to sharing the commands for this?

The command is just "sleep 2s".

I am using "openvpn-ip" file from PIA under Advanced OpenVPN SSL Restrictive
Configuration: https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/client-support/
I then move each of the 3 individual files mentioned above into the
/rw/config/vpn folder.

Thanks again for the help...

Got your log... I think the real culprit shows up here:

"AUTH: Received control message: AUTH_FAILED"

This could mean the user/password weren't entered correctly. You can see how its stored by issuing this command:

sudo cat /rw/config/vpn/userpassword.txt

To fix it you can edit that file, or run the --config step again from the instructions.

--

Chris Laprise, tas...@posteo.net
https://github.com/tasket