The internet was amazing in the 90s and early 2000s.  Then chatroom and forum
trolls and russian spammers infested everything.  And it all crashed and died.

IMO the internet is now called facebook, instagram, twitter and youtube.
because its the corner Americans have been backed into.   But now that is also
under attack, and the negatives are starting to outweight the positives, so it
will be interesting what the future holds.

Just like Tsutomu Shimomura,  I believe the same morals and principles we apply
in the physical realm need to be applied to the digital realm before anything
changes for the better.  People feel way too entitled and untouchable.

But before that happens its probably only going to get worse.