Thanks Awokd...

Since Rc3 has a disposable VM for its default sys-USB, I entered the
following command in the fedora-34 template (Not fedora-34-dvm):

sudo dnf install ntfs-3g fuse

...restarted sys-usb, no issues with backing up.

I used this article which discusses commands for other distros:
https://linuxconfig.org/how-to-mount-partition-with-ntfs-file-system-and-read-write-access

My back up mounted and I was able to back up my VMs...I wonder if
reformatting my hard drive would have been a better call vs adding
additional software. Seems a small risk and I am happy...

Thanks again...I'll play with the USB-C and thanks for the advice on
Thunderbird.

(Francesco - I too have not seen an update in Dom0 since installing RC3, I
do get a "Green Check" mark when I try....other templates are updating)