I've been converting my old Rail-Typo blog to a Radiant Blog.
I realise that software written specifically for blogging will have many
features built in that will have to rely on plugins with a general
purpose CMS.

But I really, really like Radiant.  Perhaps too much.

Some of the conversion went well and I relied on the 'page_edit_dates'
to apply a revisionist policy and make the old articles look like they
were old articles.

Well that used to work, but now it doesn't.

I have pages that I've edited the 'published at' date on successfully.
Since then I've played with other extensions adding and deleting.

Now when I add a page and try setting the 'published at', and saving, I
find its been reset to the original date.

I've tried cache-clearing but don't know what other avenues to try.

Yes, the "it used to work but now it doesn't" problems are the worst!

--
The improvement of our way of life is more important than
the spreading of it. If we make it satisfactory enough,