Awesome work, Andrew!

Sean

Andrew Neil wrote:
I've forked the link_roll extension, and made it play with Radiant 0.7.0. Here it is:

    http://github.com/nelstrom/radiant-link-roll-extension/tree/master

It now uses the Admin::ResorceController, instead of the Admin::AbstractModelController, and generates Rails default restful routes.

I am planning on updating the Creating Radiant Extensions tutorial[1] to reflect these changes. I hesitate, because I think the current tutorial should continue to exist, as long as Radiant 0.6.9 and below are still in usage. Would it be acceptable to place a paragraph at the top of the tutorial, linking to a previous revision? e.g.:

    http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Creating_Radiant_Extensions/38

An alternative would be to create a new page for the tutorial. My preference would be to update the current article for 0.7, then create a new page called "Creating Radiant Extensions (pre-0.7)", and copy the current state of the tutorial into that one. The existing tutorial has quite a lot of links pointing at it, and I think it would be better to keep the article at that URL the most current.

Any thoughts on the issue?

Cheers,
Drew

p.s. On another note, I was developing this with 0.7.0-rc2 to begin with, but was hindered by a bug which Sean has now fixed[2]. I switched to edge, and was able to continue.

[1]: http://wiki.radiantcms.org/Creating_Radiant_Extensions
[2]: http://github.com/radiant/radiant/commit/9c8e24b434e9ca616b0e58c47deaf42a828fbed1#L2R178