I have ActionMailer::Base.smtp_settings = {
configured with the mail server.

Because of database_mailer, I think, I had to disable the
config.frameworks
like so:
   config.frameworks -= []

Could this be why comments isn't sending notifications, and if so, is
there some fix or work-around I can use to get both of these crucial
extension to play nice?
~ Alexis