This is actually common to several extensions, so I'm fairly sure I screwed up
something on my end, but it's just to obvious for me to see it.

Starting from a completely fresh installation:

1) radiant  radiant -d mysql
2) cd radiant
3) rake radiant:freeze:edge TAG=0.8.1
4) cd vendor/radiant

At this point I edit the database.yml file at
radiant/vendor/radiant/config/database.yml

5) rake db:bootstrap  (Don't know if it matters but the last time I did this I
chose the Roasters template)
6) rake spec:models

The last line was to verify that the installation into the directory called
'radiant' seemed to go properly, and it does appear to have, since all tests
passed with a deprecation warning. So now I proceed with downloading the
reorder extension, unzipping it, renaming the resulting directory to reorder
and dropping it in radiant/vendor/radiant/vendor/extensions (perhaps I should
have chosen a less confusing project name, but I didn't expect to have this
issue when I chose it). From that point:

7) rake development radiant:extensions:reorder:migrate
8) rake development radiant:extensions:reorder:update

(I'm running apache2 with Passenger, and have set the default RailsEnv to
development.)

9) rake spec:models

and 66 of the tests that passed the first time fail this time. All of the
failures are along the lines of:

"Mysql::Error: Unknown column 'position' in 'order clause':"

so it seems as if the migration that has occurred in line 7 above (verified by
inspecting the db) never happens during the testing. The extension itself
appears to be functioning fine in the application, as the position column is
filled in correctly, and it does move the pages up and down, so it looks as if
only the testing environment is failing to apply the migration for some reason.

This sort of thing is obvious enough that I'm sure I'm just missing something
simple, but I'm hanged if I can see it.

As for variations, I've tried this with both radiant and radiant-rc, and I've
frozen to edge and updated as well as freezing to 0.8.1, with no difference.
Highlights from the local gem list are:

cucumber (0.6.3, 0.3.104)
cucumber-rails (0.3.0)
passenger (2.2.11, 2.2.10, 2.2.9)
radiant (0.8.1, 0.8.0)
rails (2.3.5, 2.2.2, 1.2.6)
rake (0.8.7, 0.8.3)
rspec (1.3.0, 1.2.6)
rspec-rails (1.3.2, 1.2.6)
rubygems-update (1.3.6, 1.3.5)
webrat (0.7.0, 0.4.4)
ZenTest (4.2.1)

Didn't want to post the whole list, let me know if there's another one that
might be relevant. Ruby is 1.8.7 patchlevel 72, default install on SnowLeopard.
(Yes, I know. I keep meaning to upgrade to 1.9.x but since this isn't a
public-facing machine the urgency just isn't there, and I don't figure it's
worth the hassle to upgrade to anything less than 1.9.x.)

Ideas?

Have Fun,
Arlen