On Mar 19, 2010, at 4:29 PM, banane wrote:

> I was really hoping someone else would chime in on this...
>
> I loaded up drag_reorder, a fork of bright4's that I did a while ago,
> and sure enough get a gazillion test errors when I migrate. So, I'm
> thinking, by looking at one of the errors, that it has to do with the
> extension of a model's find method. So if tests use that, the
> condition is different now- no longer by published_at date, but now by
> position. I'm not sure why that's an issue, or how to fix it. feeling

Don't try to fix it. If a core spec is defined to expect things in a default
order but an extension changes the default, then those added specs will fail.
The only way around this would be to undefine the original specs, but I'm not
sure of a way to do that.

The original post, however, listed this as the problem:

"Mysql::Error: Unknown column 'position' in 'order clause':"

Which means that the column doesn't exist. So it sounds to me like Anna is
merely seeing the result of the altered behavior with a position column, but
Arlen doesn't even have the position column.

I haven't had a chance to really look into this, but I have seen the problem
before and can't recall how it was fixed for me (other than running "rake
RAILS_ENV=test db:migrate:extensions")

-Jim