Thanks for the reply but I do find a couple of points interesting.

First you rail against using the tree structure of the pages to generate
menus and then point out that copy/reording is needed.

To the first point the entire tree structure doesn't feed into the menu.
 It's easy to check for a page part and exclude that page and all it's
children from the menu.  Or reverse that and only include pages that have
the page part.  IE a filter in generating the menu.  I don't control all the
content on the sites I put up.  What's so great about radiant is I can do
the backup stuff get it all running, setup the basic site design etc. and
then turn it over to the customer to add content.  I need to make it as easy
as possible for the customer to add/more/change pages.

Back to the original pont of the post.  I'm asking if anyone knows of a
reorder extension that works with 1.0 of Radiant.  All the ones I looked at
including those posts here so far are quite old so AFAIK have a good chance
of not working with 1.0.  I'm also sugesting that it would be a good
addition to core of radiant.