hi Bob,

I recently re-packaged the "old" reorder extension; the one where you have a
reorder button for every page with children;
https://github.com/jomz/radiant-reorder_children-extension
This works well with edge, and is also available as a gem.

About automatic menu generation; I dò agree with you. Anton has a point
about not letting your main navigation grow too big, but on "deeper"
navigations (for example on /about; /about/history,/about/team, ...) I also
find it convenient to have new pages under about/ come up in there
automatically by default. I use r:nav for this;
https://github.com/jomz/navigation_tags
Works well with Edge, and is available as a gem
(radiant-navigation_tags-extension).
Be sure to check
https://github.com/jomz/navigation_tags/blob/master/lib/navigation_tags.rbas
the README is slightly outdated (append_- and prepend_urls)

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Benny Degezelle

Gorilla webdesign