On May 7,  9:55am, Arnie Roberts wrote:
> Subject: RE: (RADIATOR) beginners question
> On Friday, May 07, 1999 3:08 PM, Mike McCauley [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
wrote:
> > That should work, irrespective of whether they are in the dictionary or
not.
> > Probably you have your DefaultReply spread over several lines in the config
> > file without using the line continuation character (ie the backslash \) ?.
You
> > should put the entire DefaultReply on one line, else use line
continuations:

> > DefaultReply attr1=val1,\
> >             attr2=val2,\
> >             etc....
>
> Yes that is what I was doing wrong. It works now - thanks.
Great.

> > > Another beginners question -
> > > A user has two phones at home and I want to check his caller-id is one or
the
> > other.
> > > How do you logically or a string check item?
> >
> > In the users file:
> >
> > username    Password=xxxxx,Calling-Station-Id=95980985
> >             reply item,
> >             reply item,
> >
> > (Of course this requires that your NAS is sending Calling-Station-Id in
each
> > request)
> >

> Yes the NAS sends Calling-Station-Id but I don't understand your reply.
> Calling-Station-Id is a string attribute and not an integer and so I would
have
> expected your users entry to have been
>
> username      Password=xxxxx,Calling-Station-Id="95980985"

You only need the quotes of there are spaces in the string. Its pretty liberal.

> etc.
>
> If my users two phones are 9580985 and 1234567 then the Calling-Station-Id
could
> be either of these and the check item needs to reflect this. I can guess from
the
> example users file how to OR integers. There is no example of OR for string
attributes
> however and despite trying many syntactical possibilities I haven't managed
to get it

its doesnt really matter if its a string or an integer, exact matches and
regular expressions work the same. If you want to match 2 possibilities, you
will need to do it like this:

username        Password=xxxxx,Calling-Station-Id=/95980985|123456/

Since this is using a regular expression match, you _must_ have the slashes at
each end.