On Friday, May 07, 1999 3:08 PM, Mike McCauley [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
> That should work, irrespective of whether they are in the dictionary or not.
> Probably you have your DefaultReply spread over several lines in the config
> file without using the line continuation character (ie the backslash \) ?. You
> should put the entire DefaultReply on one line, else use line continuations:
>
> DefaultReply attr1=val1,\
>               attr2=val2,\
>               etc....

Yes that is what I was doing wrong. It works now - thanks.

> > Another beginners question -
> > A user has two phones at home and I want to check his caller-id is one or the
> other.
> > How do you logically or a string check item?
>
> In the users file:
>
> username      Password=xxxxx,Calling-Station-Id=95980985
>               reply item,
>               reply item,
>
> (Of course this requires that your NAS is sending Calling-Station-Id in each
> request)

Yes the NAS sends Calling-Station-Id but I don't understand your reply.
Calling-Station-Id is a string attribute and not an integer and so I would have
expected your users entry to have been

username        Password=xxxxx,Calling-Station-Id="95980985"
etc.

If my users two phones are 9580985 and 1234567 then the Calling-Station-Id could
be either of these and the check item needs to reflect this. I can guess from the
example users file how to OR integers. There is no example of OR for string attributes
however and despite trying many syntactical possibilities I haven't managed to get it
right.

Arnie

application/ms-tnef