Not to hijack.. but thanks for the info guys. I'll download the 7.4.2
tonight so that I can get the backup alarm function...

I basically had the same issue now twice which has turned my wife off
of loving my new toy.

The first alarm failure was due to a power glitch during a snowstorm
and my wireless router did not come back up properly for some reason...
so the alarm did not go off the next day (had the blue wireless gauge)
and we were both late for work...

Lastnight, my PC acting as the SB server (though I could have sworn I
was connected to MySB before going to bed..) got patched by MS and was
rebooted. The alarm this morning did not go off (blue wireless icon
again) but luckily due to the first instance I had set my wristwatch
alarm to go off as backup.

So I got the huge speech this morning during breakfast "Why did you go
spend all that money on a fancy dancy alarm clock that you can't even
trust to go off in the morning???" Since my justification for getting
the SB was that it would replace our current crappy alarm clock (wasn't
7 day alarm capable) and the shelf audio system I had on the head board
that she hated...

So having a reliable alarm function is critical for the WAF "wife
acceptance factor"...


-- 
wolfman69
------------------------------------------------------------------------
wolfman69's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=36453
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=75091

_______________________________________________
Radio mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.slimdevices.com/mailman/listinfo/radio

Reply via email to