Darren,  The arms of the TA crank you're interested in are straight.
Imagine your BB on the bike was a horizontal line. Now cross that with
a vertical line at a right angle. That's a Cyclotourist crank. No
curve to the arms at all. This is how many cranks used to be. The
downside can be, depending on your anatomy, your ankle bones may hit
the arms at times.

This is why it takes a long BB.

The TA arms and rings are not the strongest, I found the rings had so
much flex I had to adjust the FD all the time. .  . whoo hoo ..  .
not fun. The White VBC cranks use stronger rings.

The VBC cranks from White sound good, but what about ring availability
in 10 or 20 years?  They are the sole maker of these rings.  I don't
know their track record of supporting their stuff over time, but it's
something I'd want to know. At least with a 110 crank you can always
get rings.

With a slightly wider Q of 149, you can get say a TA Carmina with a
94mm double or triple(just don't mount the small ring) spider, the you
can use down to 30t rings with a double.

The Cyclotourist Q is 134mm (if it fits with a 115BB, you'll likely
need a longer BB)
White VBC 142mm
Sugino PX 148mm
TA Carmina 149mm

You still have the issue of though of will the 30t ring fit , and at
what distance from the BB? I'd ask Riv .