Bob,

Good information.  I've ridden one 26" LHT but it was one size too small
and stock (ie, skinny tires and drop bars) so that ride really didn't tell
me a whole lot about the bike as I would set it up.  Your comment about
choosing the Pugs over the LHT is interesting.  I would love to test ride a
Pugs with the Black Floyd street tires on it.  I'm torn between a lively
bike and a comfortable bike.  Right now I'm riding a 90's Trek Multitrack
converted to 26" wheels and I find myself wondering how it compares to an
LHT.  The front-end geometry is the same and the chainstays are 3cm
shorter.  However, the top tube is smaller than the other main tubes so the
ride may be totally different than the LHT.  I'm worried that I'll buy an
LHT and then not like it.  I will say my 92 Rockhopper has an oversized top
tube and I liked the ride of it but who knows how that compares to an LHT.