Really liking the look of this bike, It's got me considering selling my
Atlantis, but I certainly don't want the stock build. I would likely
transfer all the parts from my Atlantis to a Japaloosa. The bar looks like
it would be stiff and comfortable but it's ugly as hell...

Hmmm... decisions, decisions

 "but it seems the joe could be set up as a drop bar fast tourer."
did you notice the length of the top tube? this frame has upright, swept
back bars written all over it. my 2 cents.