> show me a fine tigged bike with Riv geo, Riv aesthetics, threaded
> fork, tallish headtube, lightweight tubing, cantis, and rack
> brazeons...in the $700 price range.  oh yeah, i've come to appreciate
> a kickstand mounting plate too.

Aesthetics is another way of saying putting its name on the bike.

We have mentioned many fine Tig welded machines.  Bruce Gordon's BLT
has the features you list and on a practical basis is a every bit a
worthy competitor to the Atlantis.  You can get one fully built for
around $1400.  People buy the Atlantis over the BLT because the
Atlantis is lugged and lovely.

Others have mentioned the very worthy Tigged offerings from Velo-
Orange, Gunnar, Kogswell.  All have the features you note at the price
you want.

AntBikes and the Bruce Gordon Rock 'n Road are not so cheap as the
Taiwan built Tigs, but they are very nice and distinctive.  If Riv
were to go the route you suggest, they would not even be making the
best available product in the market segment.