I've been riding back to back rake comparisons for the last 2 years, and
the conclusion I've come to is you'll probably get used to whatever you
ride the most. IF you always carry stuff on your bike, and IF you prefer to
keep it within reach, and IF you need to take your hands off the bars often
then go for it. That said, I ride my Stag without a handlebar bag and it's
fine. I ride the high trail bike with a handlebar bag and pannier and it's
fine. I can ride them both no hands. It is a bit easier with the low trail,
but there are so many variables that you'd need a ven diagram to quantify
it all. The one thing that I feel pretty confident about is that I prefer
the slacker head tube for dirt, regardless of the trail. I can't justify
that with any data though.