Sorry if I missed something by not reading all the previous posts, but I am
just scratching my head at your component choices clearly the issue is trying
to use 7 speeds on a 9+ set up. If your chain and derailleurs are optimized for
more then 7 speeds then why not run more? You've already dropped the cash for
the Wolftooth, derailleurs, etc.
Why not just throw as many cogs on your cassette as it's designed to hold and
get on with the program? Running 7 speeds is fine if you got a bunch of 7 speed
gear laying around, but if not, why bother?
I am running a 1 X 10 on my Atlantis & having no issues!
Maybe I missed something, but it sounds like you are making your life
unnecessarily difficult!