I agree with Rich, Garth and Grant, but I will add: depending on the
rider's weight, it is possible to carry heavy-ish loads on a thinner-tubed
frame. I regularly carry heavy grocery loads on my Road Custom, and the
very best rear loader of all the many, many bikes I've owned -- loads up to
45 lb in the rear, on a *stiff* rack (but it weighed only 11 oz!) was an
early '70s, light tubed racing bike. No kidding.

Instance 2: my recently acquired (May, 2016) "road bike for dirt" is built
of road gauge, thinwall, heat treated True Temper road tubing. It's
certainly more than stout enough. I'm 175 buck nekkid.

So don't *necessarily* let tubing gauge and diameter dictate what frame you
should use for loaded touring or off road riding.

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:12 AM, RichS <rshannon6...@gmail.com> wrote:

> At least a year or so ago Grant did a lengthy Sam write-up on the Blug
> where he said he couldn't tell the difference between the SH and his AHH
> when he rode them.
>
> Garth is right about fit. A bike that doesn't hit your sizing sweet spot
> can be a source of discontent. Ask me how I know!
>
> I do have a Sam and it's a wonderfully versatile bike. I'm in the middle
> of the size range for my 51 and the fit is spot on. It's also a fantastic
> value for the money. Highly recommend it.
>
> Best,
> Richard
>

> On Friday, August 11, 2017 at 9:39:25 PM UTC-4, Paul Choi wrote:
>>
>> I'm new to Rivendell bikes and to this forum. I'm considering a SH or
>> AHH. This would be a all-around bike that used for commuting, light touring
>> and some occasional off road riding. These bikes seem similar.
>>
>> Can you tell me the differences of these two bikes?
>>
>> For those of you that have both - your feedback would be really
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Paul in Santa Clara, CA.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten
*Interested in trading resume, LinkedIn, and other writing work for
professional (professional) help with marketing and growing my resumes,
etc. business. Respondents should have considerable experience in helping
small, online businesses grow. Please contact me at
patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com <patrickmo...@resumespecialties.com>.
Thanks.*