Thanks, John. I had bloodwork done in connection with various other things
a couple of years ago and while they found things that they could, if they
tried hard, fret about, they didn't find low vit D, and this sore throat
thing has been going on for decades, since I was in my 40s at least. (When
I was in my mid to late 20s, I'd run at 5 or 10*F highs, or even below 0*F
-- coldest "high" I recall was -17F -- in what by my standards now was very
inadequate clothing, even in high winds, and I never got sick. We'll see if
this afternoon's 16 mile ride exacerbates the sore throat.