I started with VP Vise when I moved to flat pedals 7 years ago.  A few
years ago I've moved to Catalyst pedals (like Jay above).  They are made
for Cycling Innovations by VP, but CI sells rebuild kits should the need
arise.  I'm not a high milage rider, but so far no issues with the pedals.
I like the shape of the platform.

David

On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 6:32:06 AM UTC-7 John G. wrote:

> Someone on iBob recommended DMR Vaults for people with larger feet. I put
> a set of them on my new Homer and I love them.
>
> On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 8:50:31 AM UTC-4 rmro...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> I’ve not yet read all of the responses, so apologies if I am repeating. I
>> have converted to flats exclusively and have not been attached to any bike
>> for 5 or 6 years. Part of this was my interest in the catalyst pedal. I’ve
>> still not tried the catalyst, but I have adopted the mid foot position - it
>> really works for me.
>> All things considered my favorite “sticky” flat is the Kona WahWah 2. The
>> composite version is under $50.00 & sticks like glue to my 5/10 shoes for
>> serious MTB use. The metal version is beautiful and costs a lot more. What
>> I love is how BIG it is! Almost as long as a catalyst but noticeably wider.
>> I can stomp my size 9.5 shoe anywhere I want & am good to go. I also quite
>> like the DMR Vault, but wish it were as big as the Kona.
>> That said, my current love affair is with the Simworks MKS “Bubbly”
>> pedal. This is the pedal on my Clem Smith Jr. It is big enough, not
>> particularly sticky, and looks & feels like jewelry on this bike. It works
>> perfectly on the Clem for all of the riding I do on it.
>> Hope this helps.
>> Ps; mid foot works for me on cranks ranging from 165 - 175.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> On Mar 17, 2022, at 4:17 AM, Garth <gart...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Do you add grease to your Vice pedals John ?  I always add grease to any
>> pedal, open them up, slather some grease on the axle and slide the body
>> back on the excess oozes out the axle side. I have 2 pairs of Vice and
>> they've been flawless. Before these I did this with Wellgo MG-1's.
>>

>> I wear size 14 shoes and the Vice size and shape works great with the
>> shoes I wear. I pedal near midfoot, not totally. A longer platform would
>> not necessarily be any better. That's what always struck me about Pedal
>> Innovations. I already pedalled mid foot, my feet were already
>> "supported"...(as if any other pedal doesn't offer support !).  What they
>> neglect in their "science", is using *short cranks along with a midfoot
>> stroke*. With 185mm cranks it didn't work for me, too much of a reach
>> despite a lowered saddle, awkward.  With 170 ..... a little better but
>> still ... nope. Then I tried 152/150's...... ahhh ...... sweeeeet spot of
>> both midoot power and pedal speed.  As the French say back in the day ....
>> soo-play ... soo-play !
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:24:43 PM UTC-4 John Bokman wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>> I've been riding VP Vice pedals for a few years now. It took a long
>>> while (aprx. a year) to get used to riding flats, coming from Speedplay
>>> Frogs. Finally, it took, and I'm happy on the flats for my commuter (Sam