Thanks for all the good suggestions, everyone. I'm Narrowing down the
parameters, I think. So far, what I think I want:

1. Metal pedal body, not composite.
2. Rebuildable pedal (can rebuild parts be had?).
3. At least as long as the Vice (106mm, I think).
4. At least 100mm wide.

Does anyone have experience with the Xpedo Spry? it looks to tick some
boxes.

https://xpedo.com/product/pedals/flats/spry/

On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 8:18:37 AM UTC-7 John Bokman wrote:

> Yes, I did grease theses once already.  Grease is inexpensive, so of
> course, I could regrease them.  As for the Catalyst,  I don't want to go
> there for a few reasons:
> 1. I already experience toe overlap (fenders on my 700c Sam) at times, and
> the length of the pedal is way longer than the Vice.
> 2. I don't like riding with my foot so far forward of the axle. In other
> words, I'm not an arch-pedaler, which is what the Catalyst calls for,
> unless I'm mistaken.
> 3. I'm not convinced I need something that long. Again, how long is long
> enough?
>
> On Thursday, March 17, 2022 at 1:17:51 AM UTC-7 Garth wrote:
>
>> Do you add grease to your Vice pedals John ?  I always add grease to any
>> pedal, open them up, slather some grease on the axle and slide the body
>> back on the excess oozes out the axle side. I have 2 pairs of Vice and
>> they've been flawless. Before these I did this with Wellgo MG-1's.
>>
>> I wear size 14 shoes and the Vice size and shape works great with the
>> shoes I wear. I pedal near midfoot, not totally. A longer platform would
>> not necessarily be any better. That's what always struck me about Pedal
>> Innovations. I already pedalled mid foot, my feet were already
>> "supported"...(as if any other pedal doesn't offer support !).  What they
>> neglect in their "science", is using *short cranks along with a midfoot
>> stroke*. With 185mm cranks it didn't work for me, too much of a reach
>> despite a lowered saddle, awkward.  With 170 ..... a little better but
>> still ... nope. Then I tried 152/150's...... ahhh ...... sweeeeet spot of
>> both midoot power and pedal speed.  As the French say back in the day ....
>> soo-play ... soo-play !
>>
>> On Wednesday, March 16, 2022 at 9:24:43 PM UTC-4 John Bokman wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all.
>>> I've been riding VP Vice pedals for a few years now. It took a long
>>> while (aprx. a year) to get used to riding flats, coming from Speedplay
>>> Frogs. Finally, it took, and I'm happy on the flats for my commuter (Sam