I just want to reiterate my thoughts on droppers, because there's a lot of
dropper evangelism in this thread, and I know Eric isn't saying droppers
are necessary, and I do agree with everyone that they're nice to have,
BUTTTTTT I tend to side with Grant on this:

Lower the seat 1.5 to 2 cm from your normal seat height and just leave it
there.

That will probably give you enough room to move around on the bike to ride
everything short of really steep stuff.

Modern MTBs basically require a dropper post, because it's nearly
impossible to stand and climb, especially with rear suspension, regardless
of linkage design. They are made for seated climbining, but to keep the
front wheel on the ground while you're climbing seated, you have to get
your weight over the front wheel, which requires a HIGH seat. And to get
back far enough to go downhill, that HIGH seat has to get out of the way,
so you have to drop it or you'll endo.

The Gus doesn't work that way. You can climb seated or standing, and a sort
of in between seat height allows that. Same for descending, you're not
going over the bars, so you can descend seated on smooth stuff and if it
gets chunky or steep a slightly lower saddle gives you the space to stand
up and move back enough.

It's really only when stuff gets scary steep and you want your butt way
behind the saddle that it's a problem, and if that's less than 10% of your
riding, a QR (or a wrench) will be sufficient.

Paul