Not only do I have a quick release, I picked up an old Hite-Rite to go with
it!  I salvaged the quick release from an old Bridgestone that’s been in my
shed for a long time.  It’s certainly an option, but I did have problems
with the post slipping.  Given that I’m not out charging around, stopping
to set the seat height isn’t that onerous a task.  I have occasionally
stopped and dropped the saddle with a hex key for longer descents.  Maybe
I’m just overthinking the dropper post thing and need to embrace the quick
release!