Leah's true sufferfest may have been reduced tolerance to the over
necessity of all the "go-fast" gear, the seeming standard issue of the
average bicyclist, while under the duress of her 10/10ths performance. The
interesting part is that she did more on that ride than the rest. All their
stiffer, lighter and aero stuff just being cheat codes for the work at
hand. If part of her bicycling has to do with exercise and enjoying the
ride, Leah got more than them.

We all find our sweet spot in bicycling, what we like, what rewards us,
what becomes our focus. On that path we evolve towards perfecting that and
it's jarring when contrast is implied (or obtusely verbalized). It is very
much a tangent to enjoy the process, its duration and the surroundings.

Most advances have been shortcuts for reducing work or doing it in less
time so we could get back to the cave to paint another bison or the couch
for TV.  What cyclists do with the saved time and reduced effort is
interesting, if they are even aware of accruing it.

Andy Cheatham
Pittsburgh