You guys are going to make me want to fall down the rabbit hole again and
find little ways to lighten up my raspberry Platypus. And I have now just
practically sent an invitation for people to tell me that weight doesn’t
matter and I should think about the engine (me) and so on  but not even
they can discourage me! I can have one bike to be irrational about.

I did do a version of this of the Formerly Mine Clem. I got aluminum bars
and new wheels and tires, got rid of the basket rack and it did make a
difference. I was riding that thing for all purposes, including for fast
exercise kind of rides. Dumb, but whatever.

I don’t know about this White Industries stuff but I suppose I’ll go read
about them now.
Thanks a lot you guys. Yikes.
Leah