Winter riding.  Even with full coverage fenders, snow/salt/slush
accumulate on a plate.  I still argue this can lead to early corrosion
of the stays when it builds up over a few winters.  (A similar
argument was recently conducted on the Surly LHT list.  Someone there
indicated to me a powdercoat frame will not rust.  Silly me.  Need to
tell my barely one year old LHT that has two winters on it the rust on
the frame is fictional.)

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN