Actually, was using freehubs when I weighed well over 300 pounds.  On
those bikes, the handlebars were right around saddle height.  Never
have liked the bars too low.  Only problem was spoke breakage due to a
poor factory build.

Don't believe my Phil is IRD specific.  It's the shiny Rivendell model
from a few years ago.  Will double check, but don't believe there is a
clearance issue on either side.  The present freewheel is also a
Shimanopore.

Eric Platt
St. Paul, MN