On Apr 2, 11:50 pm, James Warren <jimcwar...@earthlink.net> wrote:
Here is a sample:

> http://www.flickr.com/photos/46035786@N07/4551628878/in/photostream/
>
> Also, I am 6'4".

Now THAT is a great looking bike!  (biases fully admitted)

It also is, as noted, hardly pushing the envelope for getting the bars
down below the saddle.

The thing that I find missing from a lot of bike fit analysis and
discussion is the speed at which you ride. As was also noted in this
read, the faster you ride, the lower you will want your bars.  This is
both for the obvious aero reason, but more importantly for the
balance.  Keith B's article gets there.

I think of bike fit as a balancing of forces on the three points of
contact - feet, seat, and hands.  The slower you ride, the less weight
you're supporting with your feet. That weight has to go somewhere. If
you don't change your CG, a lot of it will go to your hands, so you
change your CG by sitting more upright.  Saddle shape and tilt are a
significant part of the equation. Back or shoulder or neck pain might
be caused by holding yourself in awkward position to avoid pain
somewhere else.   Being conscious of where my weight is and where I am
not relaxed as I ride is the best way I have found to identify fit
problems.

Ted Durant
Milwaukee WI USA