My Atlantis has always handled better with a front weight bias.  Just
last weekend I did an S24O with maybe 10 lbs per bag (tent in one,
sleeping bag in the other, misc clothes) and just tossing that onto
the rear was noticeable.  I had my front low riders on so had the
chance to move the same load to the other end on the same ride and
voila!  What a difference.  FWIW, I've been exploring this issue for
years and keep coming back to the same conclusion:  weight in front
first.

Very cool looking rack set-up, Esteban.  Glad it works out; looks like
heel strike wouldn't be an issue.

dougP